Today was all about the Pro OC Championship and more specifically the 3DMark Vantage stage. Here is the hardware I used today :
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6950x http://amzn.to/2d4LwPy
- Motherboard: MSI Gaming X99A XPOWER Gaming Titanium http://bit.ly/msi_x99a_xpower
- Memory: HyperX Fury 2666mhz C15 http://amzn.to/2cnV2uc
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti http://amzn.to/2d9mI4N
- Fans: Cooler Master jetFlo 120 http://amzn.to/2chKgDC
- PSU: Corsair ELITE AX1500i http://amzn.to/2c8Ob8a
- TIM: T-Grizzly Kryonaut http://amzn.to/2c2OVYU
(links above are amazon affiliate links – Thanks for your support!)
Apologies for the stream issues
I had a couple of issues on the stream. There seems to be some bandwidth issues .. or something like that… between myself and the server I’m streaming too. So thinks are a little bit rocky at the moment and I apologized for that.
Troubles with my HyperX kits & how I fixed it
Other issues I had tonight was with my memory. I’m still using the HyperX sponsored Fury 2666 C16 kits. I just wasn’t able to get these kits to clock for some reason. What I ended up doing to sort of resolve the issue was to go offline, unmount everything and restart again from scratch.
This was mainly as a procedure that I have to figure out what the story was there. Eventually it came around and I managed to get the kits to clock a bit … very well in fact. I went up to 3000 C10! What I think I ended up doing wrong and only realized later is that I must have mixed up my modules and had them in the wrong order. A rookie mistake which costed me quite some valuable time there, but this is a good tip for you to write down in your troubleshooting checklist.
When you tested things individually and made sure they work in a particular order, make sure to check that you get that order right each time. Otherwise, you’ll end up with an embarrassing stream like the one I had today.
So what about the score?
In the end I did managed to complete one score of 85000 and then I did a recording of a run in which I managed to get 87000 on 3DMark vantage. Unfortunately the cold bug of the CPU had really become funny tonight at that particular point in time and moved to 105 C and with that hard CPU wall I ended up loosing that score.
And you know as I was trying to record that run, talk to you for the video and monitor temperatures all at ones … well I missed the mark.
I might try again on Tuesday to go back to 3DMark vantage and see if I can improve that score a little bit. I’m not quite sure yet. Let me know what you guys think. Anyhow otherwise I will have to be happy with the 85k score.
I really need to spend more time on Broadwell-E. I’m starting to feel the pain of BDW-E in combination with Hynix memory. But that’s part of the challenge.
Time to get now a good night of rest and I see you all on Tuesday evening for my next stream!
Subscribe and more!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a Follow also on Twitch and a like on Facebook. (Make sure to tick that little email notification thing so you get alerted when I go live.)
Until next time Happy Benching
Thanks for reading my overclocking worklog, let me know what you think and of course please share if your want more or ask any questions if you have some! You might want to check out the following two links:
- This session’s replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGS…
- This session’s Video worklog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DvD2kp0qg
- Also, here are the places where you can follow me:
- Twitch : http://twitch.tv/drweez_oc
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/1Va9Nwu
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/drweez.oc
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/drweez_oc
- Fan Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1ni6kTi