Quick session tonight – September 20th. I focused on making a little video guide on the overclocking of the Non-K core i56500 along with the ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus VIII Gene and the Intel XTU benchmark.
Here is the full hardware list:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 http://amzn.to/2d3mmAE
- Motherboard: ROG Maximus VIII Gene http://amzn.to/2c2PJNs
- Graphics card: ASUS ROG RX480 Strix http://amzn.to/2cQ4g5d
- Memory: HyperX Fury 2666mhz C15 http://amzn.to/2cnV2uc
- Fans: Cooler Master jetFlo 120 http://amzn.to/2chKgDC
- PSU: Corsair ELITE AX1500i http://amzn.to/2c8Ob8a
- TIM: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut http://amzn.to/2c2OVYU
- Cooling: Cooler Master Nepton 280XL AIO http://amzn.to/2cYeBuv
There are a couple of things that you really need to understand about doing non-K overclocking for XTU. In a nutshell, we’ve started off with a base score of 984 marks and we managed then to climb progressively through the increase of mainly the base-clock to find our maximum.
After we’ve found that maximum, we switch to memory and pushed it up step by step. You can find more details about that described in the whole replay of the session over here :
At the end of the session we’ve managed to reach a score of 1085 marks. That’s quite a decent increase if you are looking back at our stock score – about 100 points. So this is with only the changing of a couple of basics, nothing more.
So we’ve started out, maximised our XTU score with a non-K processor and this way you too might get some decent help out of the session for today. So yeah, if you don’t have an unlocked CPU – everything isn’t totally lost as you can see!
I will be back next week for sure on Thursday with this time some K overclocking (yes because its just more fun). It will be on Air again, so we will be benching on the edge with the thermal limit and you will see that there are some quite interesting things that will start to happen!
Subscribe and more!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a Follow also on Twitch and a like on Facebook. (Make sure to tick that little email notification thing so you get alerted when I go live.)
Until next time Happy Benching
Thanks for reading my overclocking worklog, let me know what you think and of course please share if your want more or ask any questions if you have some! You might want to check out the following two links:
- This session’s replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnk…
- This session’s Video worklog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLa…
- Also, here are the places where you can follow me:
- Twitch : http://twitch.tv/drweez_oc
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/1Va9Nwu
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/drweez.oc
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/drweez_oc
- Fan Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1ni6kTi